Saturday, August 10, 2013

Another Contemptor Update!

Just a quick set of pictures.  I'm not done with the base, but done for now.  Here we have Dreadnoughts Titus and Varus together.  You can see Titus with his devastator chevron. 

 
Here is a side shot.  I added old style smoke launchers to Titus and a few bits here and there.  The smoke launcher were mounted on the arm back plate, to be different from Varus who has his almost as a halo.
 
 
Front shot, I may actually add more ork bitz to Titus's base, similar to the ork under Varus's foot. 
 
 
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the project.  For paints on Titus, I followed along with the paints and washes recommended in the painting guides using GW's new paint line.  Interestingly, the 4 steps or so of paint colors and washes take the models to around the same point my older 2-step process went. I think if I was to build another Contemptor, I'd watch the stance more, to make it look like he was planting his feet to have a stronger firing stance.  He'd end up a little shorter, but more dynamic. 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment