Thursday, March 12, 2015

Eye Candy

Had a great game last night (finally...damn you cold!!!) against Thor from Creative Twilight.  Overall, it was fun to get a game in for the first time in a few weeks.  On the positive side, maybe the cold / sinus infection is coming to an end.  On the negative side, as my health gets better, my dice get colder!

I did not collect enough info mentally for a battle report, but  did get some pictures!  Here they are so I can get them off my i-phone!

Here is a shot of the force I used last night.  1750 points.  Maelstrom mission #5.  I only had to proxy a flamestorm cannon turret as a twin linked assault cannon turret, and a flamer and a meltagun.  If you look really close you can see the death company are getting painted....

Here is a shot during turn 1.  I had a maelstrom card for Objective 2, and really wanted to pop a rhino for a point.  I popped the rhino (it was a bad trade...the warlord was pissed that I'd wrecked his ride...), but the drop pod whiffed in killing one cultist...so I held onto the card for later...

Here is my deployment area around the beginning of turn 2. I was collectiing points for having 3 objectives...and these Bloodletters all dropped in to distract me while his other units were to try and move closer.     

Here we are late in the game.  Thor's warlord is trying to convince two surviving death company to "join him".  They said OK, then he killed them with his claw. 

Score at the end of turn 5 when the game ended.  I lost by two points in a game that really could have gone either way.  It was a lot of fun, even if the dice were rolling badly.  It gave me three learning experiences - (1) if it has lasher tendrils, the assault will go badly. (2) if it has defensive grenades, the assault will go badly.  (3) Sometimes its better to just shoot the predator than the Rhino.  

More eye candy to Share!  here are three shots of a very nicely painted Knight.  And the theme is really cool.  AIRBORNE!





All for now.  Spring is coming!  Anyone have any Mephiston Red GW paint?  Local store ran out....

No comments:

Post a Comment