Monday, August 3, 2015

E Tenebrae Lux Vow Results

Just thought I'd re-share these all here. My pledge over at Bolter and Chainsword was to paint 600 points of models...but instead I used it as an opportunity to get a bunch of additional stuff done!

My pledge was for Chaplain Lemartes, a Snguinary Priest, 5 Vanguard, and 5 Assault Marines.  But then this happened - 16 additional assault marines...


This is my Lemartes counts-as.  It is the older, heavy, all metal model.  Not bad, makes a great Lemartes.  The model was tricky - even after priming and dry brushing, the model still kept showing flashing and mold lines.  I think its at the point where I might be able to hilight more and more details with time to make the model stand out better.  You can't see them from here...but wings and other details were added.

One thing I realized at the end is that I have way more assault marines painted than the 5th Company Blood Angels allow.  So - these two squads may be assigned to 6th Company.  I'll have to start painting a bunch of small, green teardrops on the pauldrons...this sergeant has an axe taken from the Sanguinary Guard box, and other details to make him fancier and heading the way up to first company or the Sanguinary Guard...

Both squads have melta.  But based on recent games, I'm thinking I need to get more plasma...About half the guys have metal blood angel shoulder pads, the others have plastic "sanguinius" shoulder pads.

The Sanguinary has a power axe and an auspex - probably more valuable than a pistol...

These guys have been fun to get into games so far!  Dangerous, deadly, shiny...

Hope you enjoyed the shots.  Look for them in future battle reports!

For all the hours, I earned this:



1 comment: