Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Ideas Needed

OK, I need to create a Blood Angels captain model for 5th Company, jump pack, thunder hammer, and storm shield.  Of course, there are no specific kits for it, so, what do you recommend for me to use for bits?

I could simply take a model I already have - a bog-standard marine fronting as vanguard, and give it extra parts and seals and such to make it stand out...

I also have the debris of a 10-year old disaster of a marine that was to be using a Sanguinary Guard jump pack, dreadnought leg cover as a shield, and a force halberd instead of a hammer...meh.

Interestingly, the guides and fluff don't really show any Blood Angels captains...but I have to assume their armor will be more gold than red...at least gold helmets...

I was thinking about trying to grab one of the old metal captain models carrying a thunder hammer (Ultramarines range) but don't know if I'd then have to remove UM symbols from pauldrons and such.

I could try to build one using a Sanguinary Guard model, just add a regular jump pack with no wings...hammer...still need to find a shield...

What are your thoughts?  LOL, if anything, based on what we've seen at the LVO recently...maybe I need to build a whole collection of just them...

MING





2 comments:

  1. Use deathcompany hammer. At least it’s blood angel. As for the shield I’d look at 3rd party bits for something either blood angel or blank with no arm to attach to the hammer hands from fldeath company. Use decals on it to spruce up a blank one.

    As for color the official GW codex info has gone back and forth on captains being gold or red. Tychon was good armored. But recent books showing the 2nd company captain have him in red with gold helm. I like gold myself so he doesn’t just look like a vet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd probably start with a Death Company base Model. Sanguinary Guard jump pack (and maybe shoulder pads) sounds good to make him stand out, but I feel like Vanguard Vet Hammer/Shield are good enough.

    ReplyDelete