Monday, August 20, 2018

Another Gaming Year Ends and the Next Begins

Well, long time readers, as you know, my gaming year goes August 16 to August 15, so another year has ended and my "record" for the year begins anew. 

This past year, while not the worst, certainly had its ups and downs. Finishing out the 2017-2018 year with 13 wins, 1 Draw, and 17 Losses is not that awesome, compared to say, 2014-2015, but it has been an interesting time!

Overall, I'll chalk this year's record to two major issue: (1) busy times mean less games; and (2) I'm outgunned again!

With those things in mind, I'll continue at least till December using my Blood Angels - Catachans combined arms teams.  I look (oath) to try and get some actual Catachan mortar teams and more Catachan infantry to make sure I can play more WYSIWYG, although I'm tempted to just swap the regimental key word to Cadian! Patience is important here, as we have yet to see the final codex releases for this year, and what they will mean to the overall game meta. Regardless, I just need more games under my belt!  The complexities of using all of the stratagems, etc., all boil down to practice makes perfect.  If I do anything, it will be to start upgrading to more Primaris marines and Dreadnoughts.  My own analysis does indeed confirm you get more bang for the buck - more wounds per point.  Every bit counts.  But who knows what I'll do in January!  Maybe bring back the guys in Blue? 

With emphasis on practice.  I bet I've said that a lot over the past 10 years of Warhammer 40K. 

I have maybe 3 games coming up this Saturday! It is Crossroad Games' store anniversary. 1500 points? Wish me luck as we go into the new year!

What are your own thoughts for 2018-2019? 

MING


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the future games!

    I've been trying out my Deathwatch since the codex was released. They are doing quite well, but there are some very tough match ups to play.

    I'm really hoping for a Genestealer Cults codex soon. I love the look of the army, but am really struggling with them in games. They hit really hard on the turn they arrive, but have the staying power of wet tissue paper to the enemy firepower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah looking forward to a Cults codex as well. I’ve had pretty good luck with my cult. Win big or loose big though. I’ve had a few games come down to last couple models on both sides. Sadly though half of what I paint d up for my 7th ed army list become so overcosted as to be unusable in 8th. And I never got to run them in 7th.

    ReplyDelete