Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ebenezers Pub in Lovell Maine

True to my word!  I'll make my second post not on 40K....there will be a lot of that...instead, let me tell you about your next road trip...

Well, in a picture or two!


 

 
I went there on a road trip to find it...the place has a huge number of European Beers.  You have to really want to find this place too.  We used our On-Star system to tell us where it was and even when we were close, we really did not believe it.  It was a great road trip...first we went and found an old abandoned ski area that would be the best location for a Steven King movie...then we went deeper and found this place....
 
Ebenezers is built out of an old farmhouse on a now abandoned section of roadway.  The state at some point had straightened and moved the road.  There is a small parking area next to the building, and it looks like most visitors must park along the abandoned roadway section.  We got there about 1 or 2 in the afternoon on a warm day.  There were a few people there.  The place has a large glassed in porch area with several tables, and a indoor section that includes a very snug bar and more tables overlooking the surrounding lawns and woods. 
 
Service was awesome.  We got a table inside near the bar.  The walls are just covered in beer related advertisements.  Service basically brings over a very long beer menu, and a separate short menu for food.  They have 35 beers on tap...and say they have over 1000 other beers in the bottle.  I tried a stout and another Belgian style beer; my wife had a Oude Beersel Framboise. 
 
The food was great too! 
 
As soon as I can I'm going back...
 
 
The most interesting thing is that people I know from around here have never been.  Crazy...best beer bar in the world....crazy, beautiful beers, all for the tasting...
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment