Friday, April 12, 2019

3 in a Day - the Rockport Invitational

Well, I'd hoped for better, but let's face it, I have not played a game since probably October.

This post will be all about the photos, but to recap:

I attended the Rockport Invitational in Maine, April 6. It is a 1750 point event, Imperium vs others, nine teams on a side.  It is really cool, with a narrative lead-up, team captains making the game pairings, and tons of food and drinks.  I brought a 6-pack of G-String, and 1750 points in Ultramarines (which started this Blog, but I had not played them in 2 years)...we played at the organizers house - who just happens to have 9 gaming tables in his game room...

As pre-cast on my prior posts, I was using a list including my old models plus one new Primaris Vanguard Lieutenant in phobos armor from the new boxed set. Here are some photos of some of the armies playing that day:

My Ultramarines for the day - yes, one extra HF/MM landspeeder - I'd unpacked it and forgot he'd been swapped for the Lieutenant...

Um, glad I did not get assigned to this opponent.  The bugs are awesome. 

Yes, like this...he used a gloss clearcoat for the wet parts, not really visible here but awesome in person...I hate bugs....

Ma-Hreens...

Meet my game 2 Opponent....

Here is something you done see every day.  The MVP of the Imperium Side and highest scoring player of the day...Sisters of Battle...WOW.  

Meet my game 3 opponent...people who like bugs....and worship them like star gods....

Eldar...

These are the Ma-Hreens the bugs were looking to emulate...

A nice gunship...

Frankly, best painted army of the day...so Spring Like....

More blue Guys. Second Company Scum...hey...Calgar is in the background...who leads from the front anymore?

Chaos Scum?

  Yep...

My games were all awesome, and all were close.

Game 1 was vs Demon Soup
I earned 3 points for the team, but lost 5 points to the bad guys. 

Game 1 Deployment.  Corners.  Points were to be scored for being in the three zones of the table.  It was a Death World Jungle though, and every piece of terrain caused mortal wounds to any infantry in them at the end of each turn or so - so we both avoided the terrain...like the plague...not to mention the Nurgle army was right next to us...

This was a contentious point of the game.  Demon Turn 1.  Dropping in two demon princes and a bloodletter bomb from reserves.  I told my opponent he could not do it, but he did it anyway.  Nobody in earshot would answer the question that demons could not come in from reserves outside their deployment zone on Turn 1.  My opponent came up to me and apologized during Game 3 to tell me I was right all along.  I'd lost the game by 1 point....which cost my team 5 points...

Yes, charged as well.  I stopped taking pictures of this game.  I did eliminate the Bloodletters, some of the demons.  The Khorne Bloodthirster caused me the greatest issues though.  Would have made a big difference to be able to shoot it up turn 1 rather than be locked in combat with models that should not have been there....

My blog does not want to let me load more pix after this point for some reason....

Game 2- Orks
The game was a blast.  The mission had us fighting it out while waiting for a meteor (the only win condition) to arrive.  We slugged it out, but only gt through Turn 3.  The meteor arrived in the lab of the Orks (going second) and they won the 5 points.  If the game had continued - the objective was swarmed with Orks and it might have been near impossible for me to win the day. It was a very fun game with us both slugging it out.. The Orks zoomed forward using Da Jump and Bikes to attack my deployment line, and my reserves teleported to the Ork Rear, decimating what was there.  We basically swapped deployment zones in 3 turns.  

Game 3 - Genestealer Cult
This was another great and well balanced game.  besides each other, we were fighting Geller-Poxed zombies.  We both worked to eliminate all of the zombies, and then went to work on each other.  This game also times out at Turn 3, but we both agreed if the game had continued, the Ultramarines would have won. Of course I'd walked into the GSC trap where his Psycher took over one of my flyers - twice!  Nothing is less fun than being shot up by friendly fire...however - I'd made my saves!  I'd also lost my terminator Squad to a GSC unit arriving from reserves turn 2, advancing within a few inches, and then throwing their melta charges...On turn three, he'd charged my three leaders at the board center with a mob and his Patriarch, but I'd made all my saves!  EPIC! 


All for NOW

MING



No comments:

Post a Comment