Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Blood Bath - Game 2 of 3

Well, if you read yesterday's post thanks!

Here are some collected photos I should have posted yesterday:

Here is the 1500 point list in photo form.  I am still in the process to wrecktafit (a US slang term) the Blood Angels to the new codex parameters.  So, yeah, I used Baal turrets on the Razorbacks, and a Razorback turret on the Baal just so they'd be uniform in appearance.  What I need to do next is wreck the las-plas turrets into either TL AssCan turrets or TL LasCan turrets.  Also the blue bits are borrowed from my Ultramarine collection and need to be replaced from un-built bits box materials.  

I'm pretty happy with the Sanguinary Guard - although they too are slated for equipment changes and maybe new bases.  I have an unopened box to build, and it is recommended I get the squad larger too....or at least have two of them...or squeeze in somehow the Sanguinary Ancient with banner....

Bread and butter stuff.  Three small tactical squads for the razorbacks. I used Lemartes as a bog-standard chaplain, needing to build and paint two others of smaller stature.  Dante has been doing well as a model - I finally pinned his weapon hand in place to good effect.  He really needs a bigger base, being a heavy metal model.  I'll do that if/when I rebase the Sanguinary Guard to match.

As described yesterday...there is that small tac squad guarding the rear...ahem...objective two...which got me no points, but....and when I saw this shot I realized somebody was missing a magnetized backpack...(he'd formerly been a assault squad flamer marine...with a magnetized backpack and jump pack...it is also why his paint does not match the squad...

And from the first game...right before the shooting phase and the assault phase that cost me the chaplain, Dante, and death company...

Game #2 - Blood Angels Vs Astra Militarum

Having lost game 1 I went from Table 3 to table 7.  Bottom of the heap.  My opponent was Turner, and we always have a great time fighting it out.  I recommended him as best sport for the day.  

Turner was playing a very complex AM Brigade list, including Pask in a Plasma Executioner tank, Another Lehman Russ tank, two Sentinels, hellhound, a Thudd Gun, several commissars/sanctioned psychers, elite infantry from the Schola Progenium, an infantry commander, other officers/HQs, and 6 infantry squads, heavy weapon squads, etc.  

The game had the following-ish missions (its a blur and I don't have the sheets in front of me):
  • Primary - capture the two objectives on your opponent's deployment line while holding your own (15 points)
  • Secondary - Kill one of each of your opponent's units. (10)
  • Tertiary - Capture and hold the central objective for a turn. (5)
  • Bonus - First to kill three units. (1)


   Game setup after deployment.  The AM had seized the initiative.  Getting ready to deep strike in some AM elite infantry...with their hotshot lasguns.

Beginning of Turn 2...I decided to send the Chaplain and DC off to the right flank to capture the objective there (accomplished, wrecking two units), my opponent had wrecked the Baal predator at this point and was looking to get other units destroyed.  Dante and the Sanguinary Guard jumped in on the left flank.  The goal was to clear out the Am Elites and then meet up with the DC/Chaplain at the fourth objective.  

Although I did capture three of the 4 objectives, at game's end (turn 5) after some failed additional charges and running out of CPs, and failing to get the central objective, the score was 17-13.  We split the primary, he got the secondary, and I got the tertiary and bonus point.  

Overall, the right flank did OK, with the Chaplain leading the way and taking out the Thudd Gun Turn 3.  The DC themselves were all shot down, but the tacticals and razorback came forward to make sure I kept the objective.  On the left I just did not have the weight of bodies needed to assault into and win the objective in time, and after losing dante to weight of fire and all but 1 of the Sanguinary Guar and Tactical Squad, I was lucky to be in control of my own objective.  At the end the TL LasCan razorback had arrived at the central objective turn 4, but was then contested by a Lehman Russ (in assault with each other!)  

The biggest threats to my "small" force were the lascannons, autocannons, plasma guns, psychers, and that damn Plasma Executioner!  Not to mention, with relics/etc., the OPFOR CPs never went below 7.  Frankly, if I'd had his list, I don't think I'd have been on the bottom table.  It was pretty dang good!  

Overall, from here I remained on Table 7 at the bottom.  I'll toss up Game 3 of 3 tomorrow or Thursday with some final thoughts!

MING












    

No comments:

Post a Comment